Hi, I am in the middle of this pattern and got stuck. I understand everything until the following part:
Top of foot shaping:
- Next round (set up round): K20, M1, turn.
- Next row (purl short row): Slip 1 as to purl, P8, M1, turn.
- Next row (knit short row): Slip 1 as to purl, K8, M1, turn.
(Note: For mirrored increases, when working M1 on the purl row, insert left needle into bar between prior and next stitch worked from back to front to “make” new stitch; then purl this new stitch. When working M1 on the knit row, insert left needle into bar between prior and next stitch worked from front to back to “make” new stitch; then knit into the back of this new stitch.)
- Work these two rows until there are a total of 52 stitches. Do not turn work after the M1 of the final purl row.
- Slip next stitch onto right needle, bring yarn to opposite side of work, then return the slipped stitch to the left needle. (This is “wrapping” the stitch.) Now turn work.
- Knit to end of round (which will be the back of the bootie).
Like I understand how to M1 but which needle do I keep that M1 on and later where do I M1 from, it becomes almost impossible to M1. And also not quite sure by what they mean by what’s in the “Note in the parenthases”.
I hope what I am asking is making sense.
Please please help i am dying to make these…