Need help with armholes

This is the part of the pattern that I simply can’t understand. Someone please help.

Sleeves [make 2 identical]:
Transfer 44[46, 50, 54, 58, 58, 58) held sleeve stitches to dpns (or use desired method for knitting small circles). Attach yarn at first stitch on RH needle at underarm. Pick up and knit 0[6, 10, 12, 16, 20, 28] sts in sts cast on at underarm, placing a marker to indicate beginning of round at the center of the cast-on sts. 44[52, 60, 66, 74, 78, 86] sts.

Decrease round: k2tog, k to 2 sts before m, ssk.

Knit 12 [8, 6, 5, 4, 4, 3] rnds.

Repeat these 13 [9, 7, 6, 5, 5, 4] rounds 6 [10, 14, 17, 19, 21, 25] times.

Knit 4 [5, 0, 3, 12, 6, 15] rounds even.

I have all the stitches transferred to the dpn needles and I’ve picked up the stitches at the underarm, but I am stumped as to what to do next.

You placed a marker at the center of the underarm cast on sts, too? You could knit one round up to the marker and then begin the decrease round, knit the number of rounds indicated for your size without decreases and then repeat the decrease round plus plain knit rounds as indicated for your size. You finish with some knit rounds as indicated.

I’m mostly confused as to where the decreases go. I would think that both decreases would go in the center.

The pattern has you start the round with a k2tog and end with an ssk. This will put them at the center of the underarm.