Need help with a pattern

I am stuck on a rainbow sleeve pattern. Has I can c in the pic I have ch 210 and have got to the work measures 20cm but I the next row the amount of sts only total to 189 sts is this right or have I done this wrong.
Thanks

We need to know what pattern you’re using. Could you please post a link. Knowing the exact name of the pattern and designer might let us find it if your device makes linking hard.

Thanks the pattern is rainbow sleeve jumper by Fran Morgan I have to purchase this pattern . Hope this helps

Could you share a few lines from the pattern please. I was hoping we could see the pattern, I can’t even find a photo. I think you have 200 sts and need to decrease to 189 after working for 20 cm. With more info someone should be able to help.

Maybe this one:

1 Like

If u can see this then here it is written out.
Next row: Sl st across 21sts, dc(sc) in next 21 sts, htr(hdc) in next 21 sts, tr(dc) across 84, htr(hdc) in next 21 sts, dc(sc) across 21sts. Break yarn.
I have been doing the US abbreviation in the brackets

I really can’t read your pattern in the photo. I’m sorry. I tried last night and again today. Reading sideways is at best difficult for me and I couldn’t find a way to rotate it and be able to read the whole thing. Maybe someone smarter than me can do it.

My new laptop can work wonders.
rsz_kh4

However, see if you can see this to the end of the row. If not, Nicola_Keat has given the row:
“Next row: Sl st across 21sts, dc(sc) in next 21 sts, htr(hdc) in next 21 sts, tr(dc) across 84, htr(hdc) in next 21 sts, dc(sc) across 21sts. Break yarn.
I have been doing the US abbreviation in the brackets”

1 Like

I guess I’m having a deaf, dumb, blind, and stupid episode. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I’ll see what I can figure out.

1 Like

You have 210 sts. The first 21 will be worked as sl sts; 210-21=189. When I add the number of stitches worked in the row posted I come up with 168 which leaves 21 sts. unaccounted for. Does the pattern say you should have 189 sts? Does it say you should have 210 on the last row?

I’m still not at all sure I understand what you need to figure out.

You will have worked 189 sts if the 21 sl sts at the beginning count. I was counting only the sc, hdc, and dc it says to do. It should be fine worked as written. Funny what hits my brain while I’m washing my hands.