Need help with 10-Minute Tank Pattern

Here is the excerpt I’m having trouble with:

Because I’m a Continental knitter, the wrapping part is throwing me off a bit. Plus, I have a feeling that she’s doing something here that has a more common name, and I just don’t recognize it.

Here is the link to the pattern, and there is a schematic for the bottom shaping, which is what she is describing above. The shaping essentially looks like darts to me, and I’ve never done anything like that before.

Anyone able to help me with this? I’d love to work on this tank this weekend. Thank you … thank you … thank you!! :notworthy:

Maybe it’s something like short row?? :??

Yup, sounds like short row shaping to me. :smiley:

Ohhhhh … short row shaping. :?? Or, should I say the dreaded short row shaping. I’m sure I’ll be back asking about this again … it sounds confusing to me. Perhaps it’s one of those things that you just have to try once or twice to get the hang of it. Off to swatch … after I fix dinner, of course. :wink:

Thanks to you both for your very quick help!!

UGH… some reason my previous post didn’t go through. The short version: Help for wrapped stitches HERE

I am continental too and have been doing toe up baby socks using the wrap stitch. Don’t worry about the continental thing…as long as you wrap the yarn around it really doesn’t matter. I think I may have had to just had to wrap with the right, but I can’t remember for sure. A lot of help I am, huh?? :wink:

Kemp –

Thank you for the additional help!! I should have posted an update. After I got into this part of the pattern, it all became clear, and after trying it once, it was a piece of cake. I think my confusion was due to the fact that the lady who wrote the pattern used the term “wrap” and then described the process in parentheses. Well, I got all up in arms when I saw “wrap” thinking that I was going to have to do something non-Continentalish. :rollseyes: Also, Amy’s video (and all the other descriptions I’ve read for “short rows”) describe the process using stockinette stitch, and this little tank is done strictly in garter stitch. So, the wrapping, turning and knitting are really quite simple.

Anyway, it’s coming right along – I’m 1/2-way through, and if I’d have had just a couple more hours this weekend to work on it, it would be done! I’ll post a picture when it’s finished. I’m sure my DD won’t mind modeling. :slight_smile: