Need help understanding sweater pattern

I’m a relatively new knitter, and I definitely am new to knitting sweaters. The one I’m attempting now is a bolero and I don’t understand the instructions for “shape shoulders and back neck” :

cast off 5 sts at beginning next 2 rows (I understand that!)
cast off 5 sts, K until there are 7 on RH needle and turn, leaving rem sts on a holder.
work both sides of neck separately.
cast off 3 sts, P to end.
cast off rem 4 sts.
with RS facing rejoin yarn to sts from holder, cast off center 23 sts, K to end.
complete to match first side, reversing shapings.

What am I supposed to turn and how? Do I have to transfer some stitches to another needle/holder? How do I work both sides separately? Etc.

Please help me – I’m baffled!

Thanks!

cast off 5 sts at beginning next 2 rows (I understand that!)

cast off 5 sts, K until there are 7 on RH needle and turn, leaving rem sts on a holder.
work both sides of neck separately.
cast off rem 4 sts.
with RS facing rejoin yarn to sts from holder, cast off center 23 sts, K to end.
complete to match first side, reversing shapings.

After you cast off 5 stitches at the beginning of those 2 rows, cast off another 5 at the beginning of the next row, now knit until you have 7 stitches on the right needle. You are not at the end of the row, but exchange the needles in your hands like you would at the end of the row. This “turns” you so that you are ready to work back over the 7 stitches again. Don’t knit anything else for a minute. It says,

leaving rem sts on a holder
, these are all the other stitches besides the 7. Put them on a spare needle or holder of some sort. Now go back to the 7 stitches. You just turned so that you are on the purl side, you are also at the neck edge of the sweater. Bind off 3 stitches, and purl the rest of them. You have 4 stitches left and are on a knit row, bind off all 4 stitches. Finish that yarn off and cut it.

Now with the right side facing you put the rest of the stitches back on a needle with the working end of the needle pointing to the right. Take the yarn and start working again. You are supposed to cast off the first 23 stitches, then knit to the end of the row. I believe all you need to reverse is this part,

cast off rem 4.

To reverse it you do the same thing you just did but on the other side from the one you did it on the first time. The first time you were on a purl row at this time, now you are on a knit row, cast off 3 stitches and knit to the end. Now you are on a purl row, cast off the last 4 stitches purlwise.

Work both sides separately means to work one side of the neck/shoulder until it is done, then go back and work the other side. That is what I tried to give you instructions to do. I hope I helped.