Need help understanding sock pattern

I need help understanding a sock pattern. Pattern reads:
Start of heel flap:
Knit sts. From 1st needle to 4th (28 sts)
Row 1 : * slip , k1* repeat & turn
Row 2: slip purl wise, purl to the end & turn
Row 3: slip , k2 , *slip , k1 * repeat * * knit last stitch ,turn
Row 4: slip purl wise ,purl to the end , turn
Repeat 1-4 until the heel flapis 24 rows high , last row purl wise.
This is where I don’t understand , says:
Continue rows 1-4 untilyou have 10 sts left & do SKPO. Turn , Slip purl wise,
P8 ,P2 tog. Turn
Slip , knit until you have 9 stitches left & do SKPO.
Continue this until all sides stitches are gone.
Now you have 10 sts on 1 needle.
I just can’t seem to get this figured out in my head.
This pattern is from a Norway I believe , & was transated to english . It is not broken down like the U.S patterns. Any help of breaking to down so I can understand it would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to KH!
There’s a mistake or at least a misleading line in the pattern. You end the heel flap with a purl row so that your next sts are on the knit row, then:
[U]Knit across until you have 10 sts left on the left hand needle [/U]& do SKPO, turn.
Slip purl wise, P8 ,P2 tog. Turn
Slip , knit until you have 9 stitches left & do SKPO.
Continue this until all sides stitches are gone.
Now you have 10 sts on 1 needle.

I’ve changed the underlined part. You’re doing the kind of heel shown in the video. The numbers are different but the idea is the same.

Oh Thank you so much! I just couldn’t get my head wrapped around what it was saying. It seem like it was running together & I wasn’ t sure if it was saying to do rows 1-4 from above or if it was a new start . Thanks again.

I’m down to where it says 10 sts. Left. Divide these on to 2 needles.
Then pick up (12 +1) with another needle from right side of heel flap. Knit picked stitches from back loops. Knit next 2 needles( 2nd & 3rd) . Pick up stitches (12 + 1) from left side of heel flap. Knit pick stitches from back loops.
Here is where i don’t understand:
Start gusset decrease. K2 together at the end of first needle,
Skpo in the begining of 4th needle every row. When you have made 3 decreases take stripe yarn (both light gray & stripe). Knit 1st stripe, 2nd light grey & decrease
3 times. Now you have 52 sts.
Divide stitches on 4 needles (13 sts each needle)

Ok did I miss something? All I can come up with is 36 sts to start with before the decreseing starts.

How many sts did you have before you started the heel flap? Looks like the heel was worked on 28sts. Did you start with 56sts? That’s usually but not always the way sock patterns go.

So you would now have 28sts waiting on needles 2&3 and 10+13+13 on needle 1 (64sts total before decreases).
6 rounds of decreases will dec by 12sts (2sts decreased per round) bringing the stitch count to 52sts.
The pattern isn’t very clear where it says “…3 decreases…” but it means 3 [U]rounds[/U] of decreases.

Thank you . That make sense now .