Need help so Bad... Weird Pattern Instructions

Ok… I’ve just started making a bad pattern from Berroco. It’s called the Bramble Bag… It was under the east section, since I’m a new knitter, but MY GOD… Hard is where this pretty bag should be.

Here are the Directions…

PATTERN STITCH (Multiple of 3 sts + 2)

Note: At the beg of Rows 2 and 4, pull yarn up as tightly as possible. This helps keep that edge tight.

Row 1 (RS): With A, k1, [COLOR=“red”]* k3, pass first of the 3 sts just knit over the 2nd and 3rd sts[/COLOR], rep from * to last st, end k1 – 66 sts.

Row 2: With B, p1, [COLOR=“Red”]* insert needle from behind under the running thread between the st just worked and the next and purl this thread[/COLOR], p2, rep from * to last st, end p1 – 98 sts.

Row 3: With B, k2, *[COLOR=“red”] k3, pass first of the 3 sts just knit over the 2nd and 3rd sts[/COLOR], rep from * across – 66 sts.

Row 4: With A, p2, [COLOR=“red”]* insert needle from behind under the running thread between the st just worked and the next and purl this thread, p2, rep from *[/COLOR] across – 98 sts.

Rep these 4 rows for Pat St.

The sentences in Red are the one’s I’m having problems understanding…

Please Help?

:knitting:

For the instructions on Row 1 and Row 3, that is a decrease st. You k3, then pick up the 1st of the 3 sts you just k (furthest from the tip) with the tip of your left needle, and drop it off the needle, leaving the other 2 sts on your right needle.

For the instructions on Row 2 and Row 4, that is an increase st, and it sounds like the M1R and there is a video here on KH. Go to the increases page and it is the 3rd one down on the left. It has for both a k increase and a p increase.