Need help quick!

"Measure in 17” from each side on cast-on and bound-off ends of bag and mark. Fold bag in half lengthwise. Sew cast-on and bound-off ends of gussets to ends of bag between markers. Sew sides of gussets to ends of bag matching markers with sides of bag. Note: Ease in any fullness. "

This is from the pattern I’m working on, Pignoli from berrocco. Measure to 17" - check. Fold bag in half - did it.There is still about 6" below the markers to the bag bottom (the fold). Does this mean that I should sew the co and bo edges of gusset to the bottom (fold) of the bag, or does it mean that I should sew the sides of the gusset beginning at the markers and bring the bottom (fold) of the bag up to sew them to the co and bo edges of gusset? :shrug: I’m clueless. Does this question make any sense at all?

Here is a link to the pattern - I would send a pic but don’t have a camera right now. I have to get this sewn up and felted tonight so it will have time to dry. It’s a gift for someone and the party is Sunday.

http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/pignoli/pignoli.html

so as I look… and imagine the construction…

the gusset is going to give the bag it’s front to back depth. (height being from the top to the bottom, width being from side to side, and depth being front to back. so, you sew the b/o and c/o edges first, then stitch the sides to the sides of the bag.

if the bag is the X, folded in half, opening up, then the strap makes a big semi circle over the top. you have to sew all 3 sides of each strap- to the bottom of the bag, to the front and to the back.

|------|
  |       |

bo | X | co

does that help at all? MKZ