I am trying to knit a child’s sock…but there’s alot in the pattern I don’t understand. Pardon me as I am still very new in knitting…
really hope that I can succeed in my very first sock for my bb…
here’s what I don’t understand:
- [B]SW[/B] - It says slip and wrap but I don’t know how to do it…
- [B]K1 P1 Rib (Even number of sts) Rnd 1[/B] (*K1, P1; rep from * to end. Rep Rnd 1 for K1, P1 rib)- Is this just K1 P1 all the way til the length required?
- [B]Grafting[/B] - Any video to show?
for shape heel, I don’t understand what the pattern means for the following:
- Change to A and K15 sts for heel. [B]leaving remaining sts unworked[/B] - what does it mean leaving ‘unworked’?
- [B]Row1 (WS): P14, SW next st, turn[/B]
- [B]Continue to rep last 2 rows, having 1 st less before SW on each row, until 8 sts have been worked.[/B]
- [B]Rep last 2 rows, adding 1 more st before SW on each row until 15 sts have been worked. [/B]
- [B]end last rnd 7 sts before beg of rnd marker and move beg of rnd marker to this point[/B]
Sorry for the many many qns above!
wanted to try Silver’s sock but i think the pattern is for adult size…