neckline shaping

Hello,

I am working from Kim Hargreaves Transparent pattern and i hope someone can help me break this down.

Working all raglan armhole decreases as set by last row, cont as follows:
dec 1 st at raglan armhole edge of 2nd and 0 foll 4th rows, then on foll 9 alt rows and at the same time dec 1 st at neck edge 2nd and foll 9 alt rows. 6st

next row (RS) K3, K3tog
next row: P4
next row: K1. sl 1, (K2tog) 1 time, K0, psso
next row: P2
next row: K2tog and fasten off.

With RS facing, rejoin yarn to rem sts, K2tog, K to last 5 sts K2tog tbl, K3. 26st
Complete to match first side, reversing shaping

The bits in bold are the ones I need help understanding.

Thank you !

For the armhole edge decrease on row 2 (the 2nd row) and then on rows 4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18 and 20.
The decreases for the neck edge are on the same row numbers, 2,4,6,8, etc.
If you begin the decreases on the other shoulder with the RS facing and call that row, row 1 then the decreases will be on rows 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19 for both the armhole and the neck.

Thank you! This is really helpful!

Hi, ive been away for the last 3 months and have only just started the neckline decrease and hoped you would be able to help me clarify a few thing for me :slightly_smiling_face:

My pattern states:
RS) K3, K2 tog, K21,K2 tog tbl and turn, leaving rem sts on a holder
(I have done this this but get confused on the next step)

Working all reglan armhole decreases as set and all neck decreases as set by last row
(does this mean that the row above is my decrease row? If so, will that create both the armhole and neck decrease? Will this decrease 1st at the armhole edge and neck edge, or is there an added decrease that needs to be made? I ask because the pattern makes it seem like the neck edge is an addition decrease, however im not sure)

Thank You x

RS) K3, K2 tog, K21,K2 tog tbl and turn, leaving rem sts on a holder

This sounds like your decrease row. The dec at the beginning of the row is at the armhole and the one at the end of the row before the turn is the neckline.