Neckband on circulars

I’m confused (yeah I know, AGAIN??!!) :wink:

I am doing the neckband on my sweater. The pattern reads:

with right side facing, slip 37 sts from Back st holder onto circular needle and knit across, pick up 14 sts evenly spaced along left front neck edge, slip 23 sts from Front st holder onto second end of circular needle and knit across, pick up 14 sts evenly spaced along right front neck edge, place marker to mark beginning of rnd.

OK- I slipped my 37 sts, knit across, picked up 14 sts, slipped the 23 sts from the other holder- and I’m stuck. How do I knit across the 23 sts? I can’t figure it out- I’ve got the 37 knitted sts and the 14 picked up sts, then the end of the yarn, then the 23 sts from the front. Not sure if I’m making myself clear or not. :??

It says to slip them onto the other end of the needle. Then they would be on the left point and your stitches with the yarn will be on the right and you’ll be ready to knit them.

Thanks Ingrid!! I just knew it was something simple that I was missing. I struggled with it for a while and finally told myself “Oh for pete’s sake, be done and just go post so Ingrid can tell you what to do!!” :smiley:

It’s nice to be needed!!