Neckband help crofter dk 2276

Hi, Relatively new to knitting. I’veactually been able to knit for years but only baeics such as scarfs and blankets. I’m attempting to knit a cardiagn for my daughter and am at the very last stage and have come completely stuck. Instructions for the neckband are as follows:

Join shoulder seams. With rs facing, using 3 1/4 mm needles, pick up and knit 27 sts evenly along the right side of neck, (I’m pretty confidentwith that part). Then it says 28 sts from 22 cast off sts at back of neck and 28 sts evenly along left side of neck.

Can anyone help me with the bwck of the neck part. What does 28 sts from 22 cast off sts wt back of neck mean? Surely this would mean the border pattern is not running round the back of neck!

Welcome and congratulations! You’ve almost finished.
When you completed the back of the cardigan, did you bind off (or cast off) 22sts? If so, that’s the area where you’re to pick up 28sts for the back of the collar. Pick up some sts from the middle of a cast off st and some from between sts to give 28sts in that area.

Thank you so much, that makes perfect sense. I can’t believe I couldn’t figure that out!