Neck and armholes

Help im stuck if the pattern asks to dec 1 st at armhole edge as b4 in every row at same time dec 1 st at neck e

dge as b4 in next foll alter row? and sorry if i sounds dim but its been a while, Am I to dec1 on the knit row but only dec on the alt purl row so when not decreasing, u just purl the row. I hope this makes sense

Decrease on every row at the armhole edge, that’s both knit and purl rows.
Decrease on the neck edge on every other row so that’s every purl row. You won’t be decreasing at the neck edge on knit rows.

1 Like

Thank you,

Hi I’m.now on the circled bit of the pattern. Help in plain speak would help me to figure our and remember how to do shaping at neck and arm.

You’re making good progress!
Call the next row, row 1. Over the next 10 rows decrease at the armhole edge on rows 1,3,5,7 and 9.
Decrease at the neck edge on rows 1,5 and 9.
The decrease at the armhole is slip one, k1, psso and the dec at the neck edge is k2tog. All of these decreases should be on knit rows.

1 Like

oh wow! thank you for your prompt help! :grinning: x

so rows 2, 4, 6, 8 10 is the purl row to.last 4 St’s p2togtble p2. or is it just plain purl. Sorry if this seems dim :sweat_smile: x

So rows 2, 4, 6, 8 10 is the purl row to last 4 st p2togtble p2. or is it just plain purl. Sorry if this seems dim.

and on row 1, 5 and 9 when you decrease you knit to end?

Sharon :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m assuming this is the left front of the sweater.
Yes, the purl decrease row is Purl to the last 4sts, p2togtbl.
On the knit decrease rows, it’s k2, s1, k1, psso then knit to the end of the row.
Those are both good questions. Patterns sometimes take parts of directions for granted and it may not be perfectly clear. Good to check.

thank you but your guidance has helped me to work them out for the future :blush: