Natura basketweave top porblem!

hello everyone!!!
i recently saw this pattern and i think is lovely but before i start making it i looked at the pattern:
BASKET WEAVE DROP STITCH PATTERN
Row 1: * K2, yo, k3 * repeat from to
Row 2: Purl all stitches
Rows 3 and 5: *K2, p1, k3 , repeat from to
Rows 4 and 6: * P3, k1, p2
, repeat from to
Row 7: YO the needle twice and k1 *, repeat from to
Row 8a: P1, dropping the yarnovers as the stitch is worked, repeat from to
Repeat Rows 3 through 8.
INSTRUCTIONS
Back and Sleeves
Working from 2 balls of yarn and holding two strands together, cast on 65 (70, 75) stitches.
Work 4 rows of garter stitch.
Begin working Basket Weave Drop Stitch pattern. At the end of Row 1, you will have 78 (84, 90) stitches. Continue with this stitch count until you reach the sleeves.
the instructions part is confusing…
i’m reeeally stuck!!
thanks for your help!! :slight_smile:
p.s it won’t let me upload the image!! :shrug: but i had put an link to it just copy and paste in a new tab!!
http://www.knittingforums.org.uk/download/file.php?id=2386

Is it the part of the Instructions about using two strands of yarn held together or is it the pattern stitch itself that’s giving the problem?

thanks for replying!!!
um it is the instructions part that confuses me:
’‘Begin working Basket Weave Drop Stitch pattern. At the end of Row 1, you will have 78 (84, 90) stitches. Continue[/FONT] with this stitch count until you reach the sleeves.’'
thanks again :hug:

Work the first row of the basketweave pattern.
Row 1: * K2, yo, k3 * repeat from to
To do that, (knit 2, yarn over, knit 3) then repeat the sequence over and over till the end of the row. The yarn over won’t use up a stitch. Simply bring the yarn to the front and over the right needle to the back. That’ll increase the number of sts on the needle to 78 (84, 90) stitches depending on the size you’re making.
The asterisks in the pattern show you the sts to repeat.