Nana's Blog, Please feel free to post in it!

[SIZE=3]As I’ve Matured…

I’ve learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is
stalk them and hope they panic and give in…

I’ve learned that one good turn gets most of the blankets.

I’ve learned that no matter how much I care, some people are just
jackasses.

I’ve learned that it takes years to build up trust, and it only takes
suspicion,
not proof, to destroy it.

I’ve learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

I’ve learned that you shouldn’t compare yourself to others -
they are more screwed up than you think.

I’ve learned that depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

I’ve learned that it is not what you wear; it is how you take it off.

I’ve learned that you can keep vomiting long after you think you’re
finished.

I’ve learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty
things.

I’ve learned that ex’s are like fungus, and keep coming back.

I’ve learned age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

I’ve learned that I don’t suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.

I’ve learned that we are responsible for what we do,
unless we are celebrities.

I’ve learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural
stupidity.

I’ve learned that 99% of the time when something isn’t working
in your house, one of your kids did it

I’ve learned that there is a fine line between genius and insanity.

I’ve learned that the people you care most about in life are taken from
you
too soon and all the less important ones just never go away.
And the real pains in the ass are permanent.[/SIZE]

I haven’t been knitting much with summer here. I haven’t finished the felted clogs although I do have one of them done. The felted tote is almost done ,I have the straps to knit yet. I started a pair of socks and I only have about 4 inches of the cuff done so far. I am working on another shrug too. I with I knew how to make my own patterns . Because I’d like to change the pattern on the last shrug I made. I liked everything about it ,but I’d like to make it wider from shoulder to shoulder , top and bottom. It’s basically just a long tube right now with a 7in cuff at both ends.

I know I 'll need to increase and decrease along the way to make it work but I have never done this with out a pattern and I have searched the links for patterens on that looks like what I’m looking for , but I haven’t found one .

Can any one help me here?

Still looking for anyone who can anwser this for me…

[COLOR=indigo]How do you use the ‘Insert Image’ ? It says ‘Please enter the URL of your image’ I don’t know what that means. I am not good with the computer yet[/COLOR]

:woohoo:Summer is almost over! I know most of you look forward to it and are sadden when fall comes. But I :woot::woot::woot::woot:look forward to fall. It means I can step back and take a much earned:passedout:rest. Where I work there is no A/C and my job is very demanding and physical.

I don’t knit much in the summer so I look forward to getting back to my knitting:X:.

I am almost done with my felted tote all that is left is the straps and I am a bit confused as to starting them.

Nana,

I got my Ravely in vite!!! :balloons: I believe I need all the help I can find!

I was working on my other clog and I soooo screwed it up. I had to ripppppit all out and start again.:frog:Now I need so help on Grafting in garter stitch. I need to see a video clip online to show me how to do it. Anyone got a link???

I’m afraid I don’t know how to graft in garter stitch, but wanted to pop into your blog.

For the link thing, if you want to post a link to another site, copy it, then click on the link and paste it. It will post the link without it being a gazillion words long.

Grafting with kitchener stitch? If you know how to do normal stockinette grafting you just do the same thing to the back needle as you do to the front needle. In other words…instead of chanting “knit purl, purl knit”, you say “knit purl, knit purl”. If this sounds like greek then you may not know the basics…in which case here’s a few videos to learn the basics. You’ll just have to change up the second needle instructions.

ETA: I just found a garter grafting tutorial! Woo!
http://www.spellingtuesday.com/kitchener.html

Basic stockinette ones are here-
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/misc.php
http://knittingatknoon.com/kitchenerst.html

:yay: I am thrilled that someone gave me this link.:woot:

[B]found a clip for many stitches to view![/B]
[COLOR=#e88787]http://www.theknittersbag.com/stitch…directions.htm[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#e88787]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7jIzwO5Nv4[/COLOR] (this is the grafting clip)

I bookmarked it because I’m sure I will be useing it ALOT!:thumbsup:

this is my felted purse before I try the felting part. I placed a maker next to the purse for comparing the size. I felt it tonight and I will take pictures again to show the finished purse!!! if you click on the smaller picture it will take a minute but it will bring it up larger so you can see it better.

That looks great!

Sent PM

Opps! sorry Jan, I’ll resize them.

No problemo!:hug:

this is my felted purse before I felted it , as soon as it dries I will post the finished project. I love it ,it came out great! I didn’t hink I could do it,but I did!!!

finished felted purse!it went from 20inches long and 19inches wide to 9IN TALL TO 10IN WIDED.

PS, Jan is this size OK?

here are my Baba Bed Socks, size 13

This was my first project, dishcloths

Here is my Shrug,

Here are my felted Clogs, which I am going to felt tonight

Nice! I love the clogs!

Great job! You are very talented. :notworthy:

I got them done!!

one sock done too!

Those are great!:thumbsup:

I had a vacation of 5 days . This weekend we went to a carshow,about a 6 hour drive. So I took my socks to knit. I have one done and the second I did the heel flap and turned the heel and was going on to the gusset.Everything was going great…Except for the trip. DH had the worst case of anal driving ever! Everyone on the highway was an idoit and he felt the need to tell them …only the windows were rolled up, so I was the only one to hear it! I did offer at one point …if he’d get up next to the poor idoit driver , I would scream his remarks out the window for him if it would help settle him down!!:hair:Plus DH has to have the music cranked up so loud. It made for a very stressful drive. At one point I frogged my sock back to the turned heel.Because I was sure I had made a mistake there.Then I decided the mistake was in the heel flap.

DH was ,every second either hitting the brakes or gas so it was a very shakey ride and at one point I accidentally pulled all of the stitches off of the needle. I spent what seemed like an hour trying to get the stitches back on the needles and the more I worked at it the madder I was getting. I ended up frogging it all out in the end:gah:

Dear Lord for the want of a gun! I love the man , but his driving is getting to be to much anymore!. I could have had that sock done by now. It was the anniverasary of 38 years since our first date that day too. Bless his stupid heart, we made it back home alive. But I’ll tell you what, I really understand it anymore when you hear those stories in the news "82yr old woman beats her husband to death with fying pan with 280 blows to the head!!! :thud:

OH dear… :shifty: :teehee: Sorry about the sock!