Name this stitch

Trying to figure this stitch out. Looks like bobbles on the purl side?? Anyone have ideas of what it might be? :knitting:

I have no idea what it’s called or what it is, but it LOOKS like a piece that might be crocheted and sewn on to the finished knitting project.

Whatever it is it’s on the knit side. It does look like bobbles and I agree that they look like it were sewn on top. :think:

To me they appear to be crocheted clusters, worked THROUGH the knit fabric to attach.