My So Called Scarf

Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding the instructions for the My So Called Scarf pattern.

The instructions say:
•Row 1: K1, sl 1, K1, psso but before dropping the slipped stitch from the left needle, knit into the back of it repeat until there is one stitch left, K1

•Row 2: P2tog, do not slip stitches off the needle, purl the first stitch again, slip both stitches off needle

Just to be clear, in row 1, do you knit into the back of the slipped stitch while you’re using the left needle to pass it over the knit stitch?

Thanks guys!

Ingrid came up with an easier explanation for Row 1 - sl, k1, yo, pass sl st over both k and yo. Much easier to figure out and it’s the same thing.

Thanks for your help!
Does anyone have a shortcut for Row 2?

Row 2 isn’t as difficult. K2tog but leave them on the left needle, then purl through just the first st again. That’s all.

Thanks for the help! Sometimes when I get home from work I’m just lazy, even with knitting.

Thanks for the tips on this scarf. It is on my “want to knit” list but the instructions were a bit confusing for me. I’ll have to make note of these new tips so when I finally get to that project, I’ll have easier to understand instructions.

Thanks again!