About a few weeks ago, I wanted some double pointed needles (which I didn’t have any) VERY BADLY :roflhard: , so I decided to try making some by myself. We weren’t able to find any double pointed needles in the second hand stores around where we live. So I thought I would have to make some by myself So there I was, using the wooden sticks of the freezies (if you know what I mean), stick two of them together, and start making the needles…
I just thought I would share the whole TOUGH process of how I made them :teehee:
- first, I stuck two sticks together to make them thicker.
- using a knife, I then cut the sticks in half lengthwise after the glue dried.
- now is where the tough part starts… I then used the knife to shape the body of the stick nice and round, and also sharpened the ends.
- now it’s time to sand the needles! I used a very fine sanding paper and sanded the needles until they feel nice and smooth.
- finally, I applied some wood finish on them, so that they stay longer. Then I did some final ultra-fine sanding. DONE!
ps. those took me more than one day to finish… my older brother said I was crazy , but the thought of being able to do knitting in the round kept me going with them! :roflhard: ( they might be kind of short though :pout: , anyways I was able to knit things like mittens and socks with them!)