My news

In February I was notified that I was nominated to the board of directors for my state’s (GA) chapter of the Autism Society of America.

Yesterday I was voted in! Just thought I’d share!!

:cheering: Congratulations!!! It’s wonderful that someone who truly cares is in a position of influence! Good for you. :happydance:

Congratulations! More work! :roflhard:

Seriously… congrats, and thanks!

:cheering: Congratulations! :happydance:

Congratulations! I’m sure you’ll make wonderful things happen. :smiley:

Congrats! :thumbsup:

That’s so funny…that’s what dh said…he knew about it all along but after the election yesterday I told him I’d gotten in and he said, “YAY, more work…what’s wrong w/ you woman!!!” LOL.

Congratulations!!

:cheering: Congrats!

GREAT!!! Congratulations!!!

In your expert opinion, do you think that Autism is underdiagnosed? In my unexpert-i -don’t-know-crap opinion, I think it is. So many students I see at school seem to be socially underdeveloped (or resistant to attention alltogether), oversensitive to sounds, touch, etc… but there’s no IEP, no diagnosis, nothing.

Congradulations Autism needs all the help it can get and I’m sure you’ll do all you can to make a difference!!!

[img]http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/1.gif[/img]

Gratz!!!

Congrats!!
Autism is such a huge thing that’s so barely understood. It’s def a cause that needs as much help as it can get.

That’s fantastic! Congrats :slight_smile:

:cheering: Congrats!!! :happydance:

WAHOO!!! Congrats to you
Nikki

Yay for you!! :cheering:

Congrats!! :cheering: :cheering:

:cheering: :happydance: :cheering: CONGRATULATIONS :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: Thanks for the big heart that wanted to serve :smiley:

yeah :cheering:

my son has two good friends that have aspbergers and there is a kid in his class that has autism. Its so upsetting to him to see this kid “get in trouble” in class. He just can’t sit still and the teacher is doing his best to let stuff slide but this kid is really disruptive, making noise and shuffling in his seat. Sometimes I think he’d be “better off” in a class with other autistic kids but then that would be hiding him away from the rest of the kids ya know? Whaddaya think? Should autistic kids be integrated in to the classroom or sent away to specialized classrooms?