My husband, the enabler

So, today’s my birthday. The Husband says I can do whatever I want, go whereever I want, etc. He’s nice like that. :rofling:

Without much hesitation, I name one particular yarn shop, b/c I got my “It’s your birthday, take 20% off your entire purchase” coupon. So we go there. And I buy some lovely yarn–2 hanks of Catalina Chunky in a dark green, 2 hanks of Latin Collection alpaca in lavender, and 2 balls of Plymouth Royal Silk Merino in black. And a pair of Peter Rabbit buttons for some bibs that are in the works.

Then, I suggest another craft supply store around the corner. There, I buy 3 hanks of Misti Cotton (cotton/silk blend) in Blue Twist. (I’m thinking

We make a stop at a bookstore (got the new Harry Potter!), and decide to walk around a bit. We find a third yarn store, where I bought a couple of hanks of Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande in a lovely blue/lavenderish colorway, and a hank of pretty, hand-dyed wool (had the store’s label on it).

We also found a new pet boutique, and bought some salmon oil for the cats. The owner has a very sweet Boxer mix.

At this point, I took pity on my poor husband & said we could go home. It did seem like I’d managed to score a lot of yarn for one day. And I still get to spend the gift certificate he got me for yet another yarn store!! Although I’ll try to knit all this up first. I’ll try. No promises!! :rofling:

That would be my ideal birthday celebration!!! Yarn, books and pets! Perfect! Happy birthday mischa! samm

:present:Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday:balloons:

Wow, what a guy! And what a town! All those yarn stores? I’m green with envy!!:mrgreen:

:balloons: Happy Birthday! What a great way to spend your day! :balloons:

Don’t you just LOVE enablers!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Jana

Happy birthday!
what a fantastic way to spend it!
may you have many more happy and healthy ones :slight_smile:
yarn and book shops would be on my list too :heart:

Have a fantastic birthday! :hug:

AWww what a man! Happy Birthday!!

Thanks, y’all!! It’s been a lovely birthday!! :cheering:

Happy birthday :present:! What a great day you had :cheering:

Joyeux anniversaire… belated
That yarn will keep you happy for some time I’d say… till the next trip to the LYS!
Hope the cats like the oil
FK

OMG… you could WALK to more than one yarn store???

HUGELY JEALOUS!!!

Happy Belated!

I agree with misstialouise, I’m hugely jealous you can walk to more than one store!:inlove:

Pics! Pics! Show us the lovely stuff you got!:thumbsup:

LL

I demand pics!:muah:

I to am rather jelious that you have more then one LYS. :pout: But what a lovely Hubby you have. :muah: I would only hope that my FH is as nice about my knitting habit. :hug:

What a great birthday! You’ll be enjoying that birthday yarn for weeks to come!

Thanks again, y’all!!

I’ve got pics–I posed the yarn on top of the bags. (I figured why not give a little shout out to nice LYSs?! Although if there’s an issue with that, I’ll re-shoot.)

It is really nice to be able to visit three in one go!

:inlove: oooh… yarn p0rn… :inlove:

Where exactadely did you say this particular town is? :??

Please, please make it easy to find!!! :think: I might be in NC next month… and I gots me a piece of plastic that just LOVES to be used! :happydance:

LL

whoa you go girlfriend :eyes: “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” :yay: