My granddaughter was born last night!

I’ll post a few pics eventually. She’s 7 lbs 4 oz and 20 inches long. Lots of crazy dark hair right now, too. :slight_smile: We are very excited! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yay, whoo-hoo and yippee! Congratulations to you and your family. Welcome to the new girl and all the best to her. Great news, Jan. These are exciting times.

1 Like

Congratulations, Grandma, Mom & Dad too!!!

1 Like

Thank you, @GrumpyGramma and @salmonmac ! We got to meet her today! Here’s a picture of her. She’s about 15 hours old in the picture.
alexandra_15hrs

1 Like

Ah, how sweet! Love her hair.

1 Like

Fifteen hours and gorgeous! How old do you think she should be before she learns to knit?

Mom doing well, too?

3 Likes

Congratulations to all, she’s so lovely :heart_decoration:Does she have a name yet?
I can’t believe our eldest g’daughter turned 16 a couple of days ago!! The years have flown by!!

1 Like

She is beautiful and precious. Congrats!

1 Like

She is! :slight_smile: There were some issues with fever after birth with both of them and low glucose for the baby, but they are both on antibiotics and doing better the last I heard. Keeping fingers crossed.

Well, I’m not sure. I think I’ll play it by ear and when/if she seems interested I’ll nudge the desire. :slight_smile:

Thanks! Her name is Alexandra Ray. Ray is her dads middle name and family name on his side. They chose to keep the spelling the same. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sincere congratulations to you and the parents. How’s the new mom doing? Hope she had an easy delivery.

Thanks! They are doing well. Delivery was as easy at it could be although it’s still work with an epidural. :wink: Baby had some scary issues (low glucose and fever) in the first few days, but was given the all clear yesterday and they are home now. :slight_smile:

So glad they are both fine and are at home, the hospital is not a place for resting or comfortable beds either, LOL!

1 Like

Glad to hear that they are both doing well. Congratd again

1 Like

Many congratulations!!! The happiest news and glad all is well. My grandaughter is 4 months old today and is the reason I started knitting again after decades of nothing! :grin:

1 Like

Congratulations, Jan!!! <3 She is beautiful! What a wonderful time for your family!

1 Like

I congratulate you, it’s so beautiful. Happy for you!

1 Like