My first time knitting a sweater & I'm stuck

I’m trying to knit the Burrow Cardigan pattern by Fabel knitwear, and since this is my first time knitting a sweater, the instructions are confusing to me.
I’ve just knit the ribbing for the waistband and it’s now time to knit the stockinette part of the cardigan.

It says “Increase 1, K1, move SM, Increase 1. Repeat at next SM”. When it says move SM, does that mean simply slip it from the left needle to the right? Or do I place the SM after the second increase?

Then after that the instructions say "Increase as mentioned above (2) 2 (3) 4 times every 2cm= (8) 8 (12) 16 st(s) increased in total. Can someone explain this a little more clearly?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!
Slip the marker from the left needle to the right needle. It should stay in the same place.
These instructions refer to the increases and how frequently to make them. Follow the number for your size, first, 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

Thanks for answering my questions. I really appreciate it.
I’m glad to get my confusion about the stitchmarker cleared up. Hopefully, I’m understanding the increases correctly, & the rest is smooth sailing.

1 Like