My first felted project

I finished my DAMASK http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/damask/damask.html
felted bag! It only took me 5 days!
this is going to be a Christmas gift to my sister.
I made it using Lion’s wool “winter white” that I purchased at walmart. They didnt have the dark red that I was looking for, so I dyed the yarn to make the red flower using kool-aid (which was something that I had always wanted to try, I used black cherry/tropical punch). Here are the instructions for coloring yarn with kool-aid:
http://www.knitty.com/issuefall02/FEATdyedwool.html
I made the handle myself (using a special “braid knot” that my dad showed me when I was little) with some of that silky curtain rope that was in the walmart sewing section.
The cord used to tie the bow is just a thinner rope.
I’m sad that I finished it so soon though, because now I have to wait till christmas to see how she likes it… oh well, i have several other older sisters (im the youngest) and they all need bags too. hooray

OMG this is so pretty!! can’t wait till im good enuf to do something like that!!:cheering::cheering::cheering:

I love that bag!!!:yay:

It’s beautiful! I like yours much better than the model. Your color work is so detailed! Your sister’s going to love it.

Very good job! Way to go!:yay:

Mornnen

That is truly exquisite! She is going to be over the moon when she receives it. Can I be your sister for just awhile???:slight_smile:

That purse is fantastic! I’m going to have to make one.

I COMPLETELY agree…on ALL counts. This bag is BEAUTIFUL!

Yeah, don’t you [I]love [/I]when your project turns out even cooler than the picture from the pattern?! You did such a great job - amazing knitting! :happydance:

That is perfect for my sil. Wish I knew more about intarsia. Maybe after my class in September. YOu did a gorgeous job. What luck sisters!

OMG beautiful!!!

That is so beautiful! Perfect for my sister! I was trying to think what to make for her for Christmas!!!

Wow!! :cheering::cheering::woohoo:

I like that! Very nice!

That looks amazing!!!

That looks great.
I really need to get back to knitting, but it is so hot, that I dont want to do anything.

well, there are some great intarsia and fair isle knitting videos right here on knittinghelp if you want to learn.
I would really suggest this project for a beginner because any minor mistakes that you might make are felted away.

Love the bag! good job!!:cheering:

i have a lot more bags to go, they will all go up on here too
I cant wait for christmas
:happydance:

That is a beautiful bag!!:inlove: