MY EZ Baby Surprise jacket

Here is my finished Elizabeth Zimmerman Baby Surprise Jacket. I used Mission Falls Super Wash merino wool. I used an applied I-cord to seam the arms, I-corded the cuffs and the neck. But I did not continue the I-cord all the way around. It just didn’t need it. I do need buttons. For more discussion of this pattern check out the Knit-a-Long page.

Thanks for looking.

Amy, that is beautiful! I love the colors you used!

Great job! I always love how the stripes turn out on these sweaters. :cheering:

thats so lush.

Absolutely beautiful!! Great job!!

that is exceedingly cute - great work!

That is just fabulous! I had never heard of that jacket before, so I looked it up and it is famous. Of all the examples I saw, I liked your stripes and color choices best. They really suit the design.

That turned out great - I love the colors and the striping pattern that you did. I have one started too and I can’t seem to get going on it… I keep putting it down… maybe one of these days I will actually get it done before my friend’s granddaughter is born and I hope it turns out as nice as yours did.

So cute! And I love the bright colors!

Oh how cute is that!!! great job! :cheering:

ooooooo i looove the colors you chose! so beautiful!! :inlove:

Beautiful! That is one lucky baby!

What an unusual pattern. It looks terrific!

Have you not seen the Baby Surprise Jacket (BSJ) before? It’s awesome! Knit in one piece with a seam across both shoulders. I’ve made two of them for charity.

:inlove: Very pretty!

Your EZ BSJ is so CUTE!!:heart:The colors are fantastic.I-chords are neat!! The stripes are wonderful!!Great work!!:cheering:

Those colours are awesome together! Isn’t this one such a FUN knit? It looks great!

Great job! I keep meaning to try this pattern!

It’s beautiful, the colours go well. I should start one for my DD and DS

That is one lucky baby!

The funny thing is that I have no baby to give this to. I made it because it’s a unique pattern that I wanted to try. I think it turned out really nice and I don’t want to part with it just yet. But I probably will at some point…to an as yet unknown lucky baby.