My Crochet Journey

[CENTER]After a long hiatus & a ton of focus on knitting, I recently decided to start crocheting again.

My Granny taught me how to crochet when I was about 10 years old (I remember that before each lesson, she’d have me roll a skein of yarn into a ball before she would teach me the next step, haha). When I was learning from her, I remember us making dresses for dolls, cookies & other food made out of yarn, bedroom slippers, pot holders, doilies & so much more. I quickly became obsessed & was soon able to make things on my own!

Sadly, she passed away last August (RIP <3). I was able to get some of her crochet supplies, one being a beautiful 14k gold hook. I decided then to start crocheting again in order to feel closer to her since I could no longer talk to or hug her ever again.

Since then, it’s been an amazing feeling. It’s like riding a bike. After almost a decade of not crocheting… I was able to easily pick it up again. It was like picking up from where I left off. Because of this, I have been making random things here & there. I wanted to share some of those things with you guys.

I always looked up to & loved my Granny with all of my heart. I am beyond thankful to her for not only having taught me how to how to bake my first cake, make a great cup of coffee or making ice cream from scratch… but I am so very appreciative that she was patient enough to teach a very young girl the not so well known skill of crocheting, which in turn sparked my passion for knitting/crocheting.

I would like to think that she would be so proud of me.

Here are a few things I’ve made within the past few months.

[B]Rainbow Flower Earrings:[/B]

[B]Makeup Bag:[/B]

[B]Water Bottle Sling (using my hand dyed yarn, ignore the label… I only had “hand knit” ones available since I’ve been strictly knitting for the past 6 years):[/B]

[/CENTER]

She would indeed be proud of you. Your work is lovely and the colors are gorgeous. You have wonderful memories and crochet beautifully. I hope you can pass the craft on, too.
I always think of the lovely, patient lady who taught this incorrigible lefty to knit right-handed.

Aw. Thank you so much. That really makes me smile! And I’m sure it was really hard to learn to change hands! I could never imagine doing it as a lefty. Lol.