My 1st large project, a stitch learning Afghan

Learned tons of different stitches while knitting this rainbow colored, multi stitch, striped afghan.

Thanks for looking!
Kathi

That’s wonderful! :heart: Was there a specific pattern that you used or did you just find a stitch that you wanted to learn & make a block using it? Very nice job!

That is so cool! Pretty, too! Pattern please? :sun:

My gooshness. that’s really lovely :heart: :heart: :heart:

I too wish to see the pattern. I would love to make that!!!

Wow! That is GORGEOUS! You better be proud of yourself! :cheering: :happydance:

That looks awesome!!

Absolutely beautiful :cheering:

Now that looks like fun! :yay: :woohoo:

WOW! a lot of work must have gone into that! great job too! :mrgreen:

I worked in strips (cause I don’t enjoy knitting in the round) and basically use 7 colors of a 12 color, color wheel with each strip, rotating 2 colors clockwise with each new strip. All but one strip was CO in odd numbers, ranging from 17 to 27 stitches.

Size 11 needles

The 1st stitch in every row was slipped, and the last stitch was always knitted.

I attached the strips with mattress stitch and used the slip stich as my guide.

All yarn was from KnitPicks, if I used a color from Wool of the Andes I used 3 strands, Sierra 2 strands.

Most, of the stitches came from the Knitting Stitch Library
http://knittingonthenet.com/stitches.htm

The different stitches were selected at random. Some that I used were as follows. . .
Linen, Parallelograms II, Basketweave, Twin Rib (modified) Slip Stitch Honeycomb, Seed, Moss, etc.

Thanks again for your nice words

That’s just lovely!

Wow, that’s gorgeous! :notworthy:

What a fantastic blanket!

A truly beautiful blanket! thanks for sharing with us!

That is just gorgeous! Makes a nice knittig diary for you for sure.

Congratulations!

Nell :cheering:

That is absolutely gorgeous!! :inlove: :inlove: I hope you’re keeping that for yourself!

Wow! :thud:

That’s just incredibly gorgeous! :cheering:

That is beautiful!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Congratulations :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Absolutely GORGEOUS :heart: :inlove: :heart: :inlove: :heart: you did an amazing job :cheering: :cheering: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cheering: :cheering:

Nadja xxx

WOW! I wish I could put my fingers in my outh and whistle real loud for you. But all I do is ppphhhheeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwthhhhhhhh. Oh well, just know I’m whistling the best I can for ya :cheering: That is so fantastic!!!