My 1st knitted project

I’m new to knitting. My husband’s Nana taught me when she came up Christmas. I started on a plain blue scarf but stopped when I saw this pattern in a book I received for Easter. I still have to knit up the tie and the patterns calls for blocking it. So with the help of the videos on this site and the help I received from Ingrid on the help forum I made this super hero cape…

And this is the front

OMG- that looks great!!! what a neat project! (and a cute little superhero) I bet he will wear it to pieces. good job! what book did it come from?

It looks Great!!! Welcome to the wonderfully rewarding mworld of FO’s!!!

Aww that’s really cute! Kids love to be superheros! :teehee:

Thanks the pattern came from the book “New Knits on the Block” by Vickie Howell (Knitty Gritty).

She called for wool but I used acrylic yarn. I did make a few mistakes on the lighten bolt but my 3 year old doesn’t mind a bit.

I have 2 boys (16 months apart) so I have to knit up another one before they both fight over it.

:cheering::cheering:

The cape and the model are cute…

I like that! Your little superhero looks like he loves it! :thumbsup:

This is SO cute (and the cape is TOO!) Great idea!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkgreen]Your superhero is pretty cute…[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#006400]You did a great job on your cape…[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I’ve been meaning to make that cape for a bit. I’m pretty sure that our library has the book, but I haven’t gotten over there to check it out yet. It is too cute!

That’s a great cape, and an adventurous first project! Well done.

So cute! My husband has identified it as Shazam’s cape.:wink:

Great job!! Welcome to the wonderful world of knitting!!! Can’t wait to see more projects from you.

That is adorable! Very impressive!

You did color work on your first project?!? :passedout: It looks fantastic!

WOW! Was it incredibly hard? I’m such a chicken, but I want to try it some day.

Joe

[quote=JoeE;882515]You did color work on your first project?!? :passedout: It looks fantastic!

WOW! Was it incredibly hard? I’m such a chicken, but I want to try it some day.

Joe[/quote

Thank you everyone.

Nothing was too hard. Lots of counting. I do have to say I was scared at every new stitch I had to learn. But the videos were a big help.

I’m not a crafty/artistic person. I’m very proud of myself for jumping in with both feet. So if I can do it Joe so can you.

Mary

WOW!! What a fabulous first project!! Congrats!

Wow, intarsia on your first project. Very impressive!