Music Swap

I loooove discovering new music, best way to do it is for someone to tip you off on a great band. List 5 albums that you found you liked recently. I’ll start…

[I]Gimme Fiction[/I] - Spoon
[I]Neon Bible [/I]- Arcade Fire
[I]Under The Cold Blue Stars[/I] - Josh Rouse
[I]Feels[/I] - Animal Collective
[I]Mr. Beast -[/I] Mogwai

Something else that is really cool is if you go to www.projectplaylist.com you can create your own playlist online. Then you can give out the url to others to listen to. I love getting playlists to listen to. It gives me a chance to hear/listen to things I might never listen to!

~danielle~

That is one of my playlists! :slight_smile:

well, as I don’t usually like entire albums, here’s a few of the songs and genre’s that I do like:

Beyond the Eternity–Green Sun–Ambient
Anything by Mannheim Steamroller
Anything by Cusco
Victor Vergara*–Ambient *also listed as “The Awesome”

Random recent selections I’ve enjoyed:

Poor Old Lu - The Waiting Room
Too Bad Eugene - Moonlighting
They Might Be Giants - Mink Car & Flood
Assemblage 23 - Meta
Sparks - Li’l Beethoven

Plain white t’s
guster
Amy Winehouse
Buena vista social club (?)

not all new, but they were new to me…

Jo McCafferty - Papercuts and Lime, Radiaxial, anything really, but my favourites of her songs are Mediterraneo, All This Time, Dangerous Ground (you can listen to it here : http://www.jomccafferty.com/discog.htm)

Ani Difranco - can’t wait to see her again, hopefully in October :slight_smile:

Great Big Sea (particularly How Did We Get From Saying I Love You, but mostly everything else they do too :-))

Barenaked Ladies - I love their mix of fun, silly and incredibly moving. War on Drugs was a particular favourite of mine from the last album because when I heard it the first time it was at a gig and I just sat there with tears rolling down my face for the whole song.

Snow Patrol’s latest album - Eyes Open. I love Chasing Cars, You Could Be Happy, and Set The Fire to the Third Bar (my favourite on the album).

I could go on and on and on… I love so many kinds of music. I love the Requiem for a Dream soundtrack too. I’ll stop for now though :wink:

Fi xxx

Not really new but on my Ipod: The Shins, The Decemberists, Willy Nelson’s Stardust, Diana Krall’s Live in Paris, Paul Simon’s Graceland.