Mother in Law

So my mother in law wants a pair of mitts and a hat for x-mas. She says she has a cranberry colored jacket and would like them to go with that. I have no skill with color coordination. Can anyone help?:eyes:

My first thought is a hunter green or a dark chocolate brown or a navy.

Michelle

I would knit them in a cranberry color. Or a natural/white with Cranberry accents.

Silver that’s what i was thinking. Lets go over to knit chat.

Unless you have seen her coat, the cranberry will be hard to match. I suggest gray. If you want to add other colors, then add the reds in several different shades to blend in with the coat.

candice

[B]I thought Dark chocolate if she likes dark or Natural or Off White is she likes Light colors.

Susan[/B]

hey, how about taking her to the yarn store to pick out the yarn and then to lunch? sounds good to me!

You could let her pick. I’d select something in the brown family- light or dark. Brown’s very neutral and will go with any future coat she may buy or with any other coats she may have.

Jana

I think everyone is right. Maybe a nice silvery gray with the cranberry in it. I would love to let her pick but she’s in Toronto and I’m in Halifax. Not very convenient :wink: So i have a hat pattern i like : http://www.crafterati.com/2006/09/08/textured-bands-hat-pattern/
this is it. So maybe main color gray and the bands in a multicolor maybe that has cranberry in it?

My first choice would be chocolate then maybe cream and I also think that pink would look kind of nice.

charcoal or black

I vote for charcoal, black or gray.

I agree, matching the cranberry without seeing it firts hand and having it and the yarn with you at the same time would be very difficult. A contrasting color would work and be lovely without having to match exactly.

Good luck!

I think light gray or cream would go with cranberry.