Morehouse Merino Yarn Question

Dear Ones,

I just found out that a friend of mine is due to have a baby around Thanksgiving. Oh my! An excuse to make another Baby Surprise Jacket.

I really love the look of the dear little jackets done in variegated yarns but the ones I really would love to buy are so very expensive. You know the ones – Artful Yarns, Lorna’s Laces, etc.

I think I may be able to make a jacket out of 2 skeins of Morehouse Farms Variegated Merino but I’ve never used their yarn before.

Is it soft? Should I be ordering the 2 strand or the 2 ply?

Anyone have any experience with their products?

Thanks for any advice.

Best,
Susan

I have actually been there–it’s not too far from me. Nice shop.

I made a sweater with their yarn, a worsted weight, and while it’s squishy like most merino, it’s not [I]as[/I] soft as most. There was a lot of vegetable matter in it to pick out, too. Their sheep are down the road.

However, I haven’t washed the sweater yet, so I don’t know if it will soften up some.

Plus, it’s hand-wash.

Thanks, Ingrid!

I googled them and discovered that I’m only about an hour and a half from the shop! Maybe I’ll make a field trip out that way.

Then there’s the NY Sheep and Wool Fest coming up soon. I really would like to be able to attend this year.

I’m not too far away here in Connecticut.

Best,
Susan

I’m only about 40 min away, myself, yet I’ve never been. This year I’d like to make it. Maybe we can get a KH contingent.:happydance: