More pattern help

Thanks to you ALL for helping me with my pattern issues over the weekend lol, I was NOT reading my pattern correctly. LESSON LEARNED! LOL, now I am on the right path, FINALLY, with this http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/50718.html?noImages= pattern. I took the back off and it’s waiting…I just casted on 28 stitches for my sleeve…my question is…the pattern says…

RIGHT SLEEVE
With larger needle (size 15), cast on 28 (30) sts.
Row 1 *K2, p2; rep from * across row; end k0 (2).
Row 2 P0 (2); k2, p2, rep from across row.
Cont in rib pat until piece measures 8 (10)”. Change to smaller needles.
Next row Knit, inc 1 st at each end of row.
Next row Purl.
Cont in St st and inc 1 st at each edge every 6th row two times—34 (36) sts. Work even until piece measures 16 (17) in.

I don’t understand what

Row 1 *K2, p2; rep from * across row; end k0 (2).
Row 2 P0 (2); k2, p2, rep from across row.

means…can someone point me in the right direction? THe rest of the pattern is like what I did in the first part.

Thanks for any help.

If you cast on 28 sts, you will end with P2 and start the next row with K2…if you cast on 30 sts, you will end with K2 and start the next row with P2. you are just doing a K2P2 rib for the long cuffs.

Is that just knit 2 then purl 2 on the same row? I’ve not done ribbing before.

THanks for responding. It’s appreciated!

Yep, that’s it! Do you know how to tell your knit from purl sts on your needle?? If you finish a row and come back and can’t remember where you left off, you will just be doing this: Knit the Knit sts and purl the Purl sts as they face you. If that is clear as mud :slight_smile: as you are working along just keep repeating “K2P2K2P2” etc. Sometimes I do that to help me keep my place and its ok to talk to yourself and your knitting as you work!!!

lol, I already talk to myself lol,and yes I can tell. Thanks so much! Off to K2P2! LOL