Monica from the new knitty spring

I would love to knit this for my daughters…anyone with me?

I can’t start it yet, as I have two knitting WIP’s and one crochet WIP. Once I am down to two WIP’s I can start!
(Not to mention my -other- very longstanding WIP’s)

I have some organic coloured cotton I might be able to use. Two shades of green.
[ http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring07/PATTmonica.html ]

How do you do hyperlinks?
:oops:
it seems I did know

[color=indigo]I might have to do this. It’s the first project that’s even tempted me to turn away from my new sock addiction! :rofl: [/color]

I’m definitely making this but I must finish 2 other projects first. I love that adorable pattern, and my mom (a master knitter) promised to show me the 3 needle bind off so I can get it right! I’m going to make it in the size 6 kids, but I haven’t picked a yarn yet.

how soon are we starting? I’ll try to get my other stuff done asap.

I am so making this!

All I have to do is get my March KAL going and order some yarn from Knit Picks!

Can’t wait!

Best,
Susan

what type of yarn are you guys going to use for this? I’ve just bought some Crystal Palace Bamboozle for another project that I think would be perfect for this. :shrug:

What do you think??

I was thinking knit picks shine – what do you think?

I’ve never tried Knit Picks shine. I would love to try it!

I was looking at this pattern and wondering if I could do this whole thing in the round.

I would cast on double the number of stitches for the body and knit the length that I want. Then I could knit the ruffle also on a circ. and join the 2 pieces by knitting them together from one needle to the next.

No seams to sew!

I think I’m going to try it in some stash yarn – there’s no shaping involved so how hard could that be?

Any reason it wouldn’t work?

Best,
Susan

I want to do this one also
just not yet
I have a few loose end to tie up or shall I say weave in

I have already sent this to my daughter for my granddaughters approval
and color choices they are 6 and 8

I was thinking superwash but do you think shine would be better
shine is cheaper

let me know I am looking forward to these KAL this will help me use the yarn I have or at least have some sticks empty

Lynn
Modesto, CA

waylynadam@sbcglobal.net

colors are being

You have to look at yardage – Shine is $2.49 a ball but there are only 75 yards to a skein. The pattern is in Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece which has 215 yards per skein. So you have to get at least 8 skeins of Shine (3 in the ruffle color, 5 for the body.)

I’m not familiar with Superwash so I can’t compare.

I’m still not ready to start.

I will definitely be using some cotton from my stash, either the organic coloured, or some other stuff I have hanging around.

I’m planning to make two; one in size 2 and one in size 6. They will be for my daughters for next summer (It is autumn in OZ). That should be plenty of time to get them done!

I would like to do mine in the round as well.

That is adorable! I wish I had little girls!

we do not have a store that carries brown sheep in my area
San Francisco is the closest 90 miles away but thanks for the heads up on the yardage

I was so excited I forgot about that small detail

got my yarn- gonna cast on tonite! my LYS didn’t have brown sheep cotton fleece, so I got Plymouth yarn Jeannee cotton/ acrylic blend in two blues.

Hi,

I’ve been eyeing this pattern too for my 2 year daughter. Like many of the others, I have 2 sweaters to finish before casting on. I’m making matching cardi’s for my 2 nieces for Easter (my daughter has one too!).

So I’ll be following the KAL and looking for yarn ideas.
I’ve knit with Knit Picks Shine before and really like it but I think I’ll try something that I can get at my LYS.

Christina

I started this last night. I’m making the size 8, and using Cotton Fleece in Candy Apple and Blush. My daughter had to have one just like the picture! I’ve done about 6 inches of the front so far.

I don’t have anything but a Wal-Mart near me, so I ordered my yarn from WEBS. It arrived a lot faster than I thought it would!

I have started this pattern and have the front finished and working on the front ruffle. I didn’t want to use 100% cotton so I’m using Benat Crochet Cotton, which has a nice sheen and some nylon. I also wasn’t thrilled with doing nothing but stockinette for the entire thing, so I did some lace pattern for the front. It’s going to be very cute. I will post a pic when I have the front ruffle attached.

I too just started the front ruffle! :slight_smile: This is going to be so cute- I can’t wait to see everyone else’s! If I get any done today I’ll post a picture… MKZ

Oh, ME! ME! :bouncing up and down in my chair; :happydance: I’m definitely going to make these for my girls as soon as I get my yarn order. I’m just using Caron simply soft because my girls are young and MESSY. :slight_smile: I can’t wait to get started!!

just a pattern verification question- in the ruffle instructions: it says “work in st st until work measures 2.5 [2.5, 3, 3.5, 4] inches.”

This means X inches from the cast-on right?

or X inches from the beginning of the st st?

-trying to trust the pattern- mkz