Mmmalabrigo scarf

I have 2 hanks of mmmmalabrigo (blue and lime colorway) that I wanted to make a scarf out of for my dad. I was originally going to do a ribbed scarf but when I started to knit it up it didn’t seem to do the mmmm justice. What kinds of scarf patterns do you use with it? I want something fairly simple for a man (no cables probably). I was thinking My so called scarf but I’m not sure if its too girly or not (and is it very hard to knit?):shrug: Any suggestions of patterns?

I think as long as its not a girly color, the stitch wouldn’t be too girly. I’m actually thinking of making this for my dad too. I have knitted on before, and the pattern is very easy, and easy to memorize. Its good "tv knitting"
good luck! :thumbsup:

What about the scrunchable scarf? It is somewhat of a ribbing, but it makes for a really, well, scrunchable, squishy ribbing. And, it looks fancier than it really is. The stitch is really simple, but comes out really cool.

I also like the so called scarf pattern. Definitely not too girly with the right colors. The stitch is a bit more complicated than the scrunchable, but still really easy and mindless. I love the effect of the pattern.

I was going to suggest Scrunchable, too. I’ve made a couple with Mmmmalabrigo and they turned out cushy, soft and warm.

I also made a MSCS with Malabrigo, but whether or not it would be suitable for a man depends on the colors and, well, the man.

I love the Rainy Day scarf. For mine, I used size 11 needles and it came out great!

:waving:it is a ribbed one but rib moves… looks great in that yarn!!

:eyes:looks like the rainy day scarf!!!

How 'bout this one

http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2006/10/12/one_row_handspun_scarf.html

I love the brioche scarf in weekend knitting - this is the hat version:

I think it would look cool with malabrigo.
it’s brioche sideways, so I think there are instructions on the web too & you wouldn’t even need the real pattern. and if you only used one yarn you could maybe do it just vertical if you liked it (?).
I also love the my so called scarf though.

maybe swatch a couple different things?
it’s malabrigo, so it won’t get boring. :heart:

Or this - Good Ole Cabled Scarf

I made a MSCS for myself with Malabrigo in the Moss colorway, and it doesn’t look “girly” at all. The stitch pattern is generic, the colors are what make it suitable for either a man or a woman.

ok i have a question too about MSCS. is one skein of malabrigo enough? should i cast on 26 or 28 stitches instead of 30? thanks :slight_smile:

I used 2 for mine, but you could probably get by with one.

Thanks everyone for the input. Ingrid and Conti, you’re right about making MSCS in the right colors will make it so anyone can wear it. I think I’m going to go for it!

Also, i love the texture a brioche stitch or the stitch in MSCS gives you… it’s a good way to do a “basic” scarf (aka no pattern required) and show of a beautiful yarn. I’m doing this with one of my hand dyed yarns so that the texture just adds attention to the yarn :slight_smile:

I love Art Yarn patterns for Malabrigo. http://artyarns.com/newsite/patterns_main.htm

Elowien-that gives me an idea for a nice, warm brioche stitch scarf. Now I want to make one!