Mittens for a couple of students

I am working on some mittens for a couple of the students who come through my crossing. One girl got a pair made with with KnitPicks Wool Of the Andes Superwash in the color Columbine. One student is getting a pair made with the same yarn but in the color Haze Heather. Another student may get a pair made with the left over yarns from the two sets of mittens.

Nice. So thoughtful of you.

Wow! I wish you’d been my crossing guard. Lovely idea.

If you ever lived in Lakeland near Crystal Lake Elementary School in the last 15 years, you might have been one of the students. I have been at this crossing long enough for one entry level of children from kindergarten , through middle school and high school to graduation.recently one student came back to see if I was still doing the crossing.

I have been a crossing guard for 20 years as of this school year.My first crossing was 3 1/2 miles from my house and I only about 7-10 students come through there. Then my current spot opened up and I was asked if I wanted it. I said yes. I don’t have to drive so I save gas and money, I just walk about 50 feet and cross the road to my current crossing

You have the perfect situation [I]and[/I] a short commute. It was a wonderful day for the students when you became their crossing guard!