Mitered Double Decrease

I’m knitting a hat and have hit a roadblock. The pattern for the hat’s earflaps calls for a mitered double decrease in the center of the row (which is 17 stitches). I have no clue how to do this type of decrease (or maybe it is just a different name for a specific kind of double decrease?) I have combed through my knitting books and googled “mitered double decrease”, but I have had no luck. Help? Please? :wall:

I made a mitered square that used a slip2 k1 p2sso as the center decrease.

I vote for Ingrid’s suggestion, but you might also be interested in the alternative discussed here. I think any double decrease would probably be okay.

decreases, be they single or double, can be part of the ‘style’ --one of the persnickity details of knitting.

this sampler(of decreases) has 2 examples of double decreases.

the upper one is Raised Centered decrease
(slip 2 together, (knit wise) k1, Pass the 2 slipped stitches over the knit one)

the lower one is the simpler slip 1, Ktog, pass slipped one over (the stitch that is the result of the knitting 2 tog)

both are neat and attactive.

the upper one is slightly more decorative.

decide which decrease you like, and stick with it!