Minor pattern issue

Hi I need some help with part of a pattern.

I’ll give you the line before which I’ve already done and then I’ll show the line I’m having issues with.

I started off with 101 sts, knitted 25, cast of 51 and then knitted another 25, to get to the below point in the pattern.

• Sl all stitches off needle and carefully pick them up again by inserting LH needle through sts 25-1 (from centre out towards edge) then through sts 50-26 (from edge towards centre, joining seam tog. 50 sts.

Next row (the one i’m having issues understanding): k1 (p1, k1) to end of row [B]AT THE SAME TIME[/B] p2tog at centre of row.

How would I do this? My yarn is in the centre where the seam is and not at the end where the needle is.

Please help.

What is it that you’re making and can you link to the pattern?
It may help to see a picture but it sounds like you’ll need to re-attach the yarn at st 26, k1p1 to the center (sts 50 and 1), p2tog, and then continue k1p1 to the end of the row.

I’m making an IPad case.

I’ve attached the pattern and what it should look like.

You may not have had enough posts because the links didn’t show. Try again, please.

For some reason, it’s not letting me upload the pictures/ pattern. i’ll write the second part of the pattern here.

work three rows in garter st.

next row (ws) k25 (referred to later as sts 1-25), cast off centre 51 sts, k to end (referred to later as sts 26-50.

• Sl all stitches off needle and carefully pick them up again by inserting LH needle through sts 25-1 (from centre out towards edge) then through sts 50-26 (from edge towards centre, joining seam tog. 50 sts.

Next row, k1 (p1, k1) to end of row AT THE SAME TIME p2tog at centre of row.

cont in moss st as set for a further 5 rows

Your going to knit the live stitches as one section now, purling the two edge stitches together.

If the yarn is in the wrong place, you can just cut it and weave in the end later and start at the edge of your row with a new strand.

You could possibly slip one set of stitches to one needle, keeping the live yarn at the right tip and then work across the other stitches, working the two center stitches together on the next row. This would give one side an extra row, but depending on your yarn and needle size, it may not make much of a difference. I’m sure the
Ipad won’t complain.

Thanks everyone for your help. I decided to cut the yarn and start from the end of the row.