Matching back

When I knit the back of my sweater I had to bind off on two sides. Now that I am knitting the front I have two separate pieces because it is a cardigan. So on the back when it says 3sts 1 time I actually had to knit two rows so what my question is since I am only binding off on one side do I just add the rows it took to shape the armhole for the back and do the same? :??

When the piece measures 34-35-36-37-38 cm bind off for armhole at each side every other row: 3 sts 1 time, 2 sts 0-1-2-3-4 times and 1 st 2-3-4-5-6 times = 82 sts remain for all sizes

I don’t understand how you word your questions sometimes…

When you’re working on the fronts, you would do the armhole shaping on that side only; so you do it on every other row. There’s no need to `add a row’ - just follow the pattern step by step the way it’s written. The other side will also BO on the one side so when you sew them together they’ll match.

sue

Thanks, I guess when I type I know in my head what I am asking but I guess I don’t write it out correctly. Sorry :oops:

No worries. It’s just hard to figure out sometimes… Hope I explained what you don’t understand.

sue

Yes, do explained it perfectly. :muah: