Mary maxim pattern jacket 97871-2-3N

Can someone walk me through the collar and from band for this sweater.
It says 3 stitches to every fourth row: so if you are picking a stitch do you increase two stitches to make it three?

Welcome!
Three sts for every four rows? Pick up one stitch in row 1, one stitch in row 2, one stitch in row 3 and then skip row 4. Repeat these steps along the row ends.

1 Like

Many many thanks I will need your help with the neck line

If I may

Yes, we’ll all be happy to help. You’ve almost finished!

The numbers are not adding up
It says
Lower right edge pick up 49 stitches to the beg if neck

Pick up 34 stitches to shoulder seam

Lint stitches from back neck holder 24 stitches

Repeat 34 stitches from seam to neck going down
Pick up 49 stitches to lower left
Total 192 stitches

If I add the 34+49+24+34+49 the total is 190
Not 192.

Can I just make the bank separately up yo the back holder stitches add those 24 stitches and do the left dude. I need to rub up to 3 inches of band. Probably than ditch up the bank to the right and left

Many thanks

Feroza

Yes, it doesn’t add up. Ideally you would have a number divisible by 4 for the k2p2 rib. I often don’t get the exact number picked up. Just do the best you can to come close to 188 or 192.
Ultimately, you want the band not to be too tight or so loose that it flares out.

Still struggling the needles are not long enough to hold the 192 stitches

That happens. If you have a second circular of the same needle size you can use that along with the current needle. Just work the sts on one needle, drop it and continue on the second. If not, you probably need to get a longer circular.
Well, another possibility is to put half the sts on hold and work the band from bottom edge to the back of the collar, bind off and then work the second half in the same way. In the end you would have to seam the two at the back of the collar. (you could add an extra stitch at the back of the collar for seaming on each side)

I have finished the band. Thank you very much for your help

Now for the sleeves when I am going to stitch the sleeves to the sweater I find I have fewer stitches On the sleeves and the markers placed on the sweater has more stitches. How To get the sleeves aligned to the marker.

Thanks

FEROZA

The sleeves don’t necessarily have to be exact matches. The knit fabric is stretchy so you can adjust the fit of the sleeve into the armhole. If there’s a large difference between the sleeve cap and armhole opening this won’t work however. You may have to rework the sleeve cap.

salmonmac
Mod Squad

January 6

The sleeves don’t necessarily have to be exact matches. The knit fabric is stretchy so you can adjust the fit of the sleeve into the armhole. If there’s a large difference between the sleeve cap and armhole opening this won’t work however. You may have to rework the sleeve cap.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Feroza

January 6

I have finished the band. Thank you very much for your help Now for the sleeves when I am going to stitch the sleeves to the sweater I find I have fewer stitches On the sleeves and the markers placed on the sweater has more stitches. How To get the sleeves aligned to the marker. Thanks FEROZA

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

My finished sweater.
Many thanks fir all your help. Excellent website.

2 Likes

Excellent! Enjoy wearing it.