Markers

Hi, I started making this cape, and had to frog a row. However, because I did that, I no longer have my markers in. I don’t know how to calculate where they go now. Here are three rows from the pattern. I am on row 7, so I now have 62 stitches.
R4: K6, (M1R, K1, PM, P1, K2, P1, PM, K1, M1L), K2, repeat between ( ) 1 more
time, K6, repeat between ( ) 1 more time, K2, repeat between ( ) 1 more time, K
to end. (54 sts)
R5 and ALL FOLLOWING WS ROWS: K5, (P to Marker, SM, K1, P2, K1, SM), repeat
between ( ) 3 more times, P to last 5 stitches, K5.
R6: (K to 1 st before Marker, M1R, K1, SM, P1, K2, P1, SM, K1, M1L), repeat
between ( ) 3 more times, K to end. (62 sts)
(Also, the row I frogged had cable and right and left increases, however, I frogged because I had huge holes- would this be normal? I thought maybe it is needle size, but who knows- big enough my finger could fit through!

I’m glad that you’ve found a cape pattern that you’d like to knit.
What is the name of your pattern and the designer?
The easiest way to replace the markers is to look for the k2 stitches that are between two purl sts.
R6: (K to 1 st before Marker, M1R, K1, SM, P1, K2, P1, SM, K1, M1L), repeat
between ( ) 3 more times, K to end. (62 sts)
Once you have noted those sts, place the markers before and after the purl sts.

Just to check, after row 6 and before you start row 7 you should have
K6, ( K3, M, P1, K2, P1, M, K3), K2, repeat between ( ) 1 more
time, K6, repeat between ( ) 1 more time, K2, repeat between ( ) 1 more time, K
to end.(62 sts)

2 Likes

Were the holes at the cables? This isn’t unusual especially with cables on larger needles with thicker yarn.
The increases using make one are quite tight and shouldn’t leave holes so I’m wondering about the cables.

1 Like

I am not sure where the holes were at- but either way, since I frogged, I am hoping I won’t have them again when I do the next row. Thanks for helping. I appreciate it. By the way, it is the Chanterelle Cape https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/chanterelle-cape

1 Like