Manly Sweater Complete

For everyone out there who is knitting this sweater, beware of the sleeve length! I did the large size exactly to pattern (pattern is from the stitch n’ bitch book) and the sleeves were way too long. Thanks to some people on this forum I was able to shorten the sleeves without unraveling them entirely and knit an 8 row 2x2 ribbing on the cuffs. I’m so happy with how this came out and so is the Manly Man who will wear it…my hubby!
:cheering:

WOW :cheering: Looking VERY manly.You did a excellent job on manly sweater :woot:

That looks great! Congrats on the sleeves! I probably would have just cried… :slight_smile:

Carey

Thanks Julie,

I didn’t mention that I’ve been knitting for less than a year and this was my first sweater or large knitting project. This project has made me a more confident knitter and I’m looking forward to my next one!

Michelle

I love the way it came out! :cheering: :cheering:

May have to make one for my own DH :slight_smile:

:noway: WOW now I’m even more impressed :notworthy: :woot: :woohoo:

that sweater looks great! i’m sure your husband loves it!

[color=indigo]Very attractive sweater, and it looks like a perfect fit! :cheering:

Landolphe[/color]

Very, very nice!

That looks SOOO good!! It was worth the trouble, and I bet it made you feel great that you could fix the sleeves!!

I want to make that sweater for my DH too. He’s very tall and likes things over sized so I think it might take forever :teehee: but he’s worth it! Someday, LOL!

Btw, what yarn did you use?

That’s a great looking sweater!

Great job! I’m so glad you were able to fix the sleeves with out to much heart ache! :cheering:

Every sweater you do, it becomes a little easier I have found! Great job btw!

Wow, that looks great! Very manly indeed. and he looks great in it.

Well done!

I’m with Nikki - looks wonderful on him! What a brave first sweater knit!

That is gorgeous, I love the pattern.

My hubby has a similar build to yours so one of those sweaters would be really nice for one of my future projects, guess I’ll go pick up that book you mentioned.

Wow! It looks great!!

That’s looks great and like it fits him well too~~!! It also looks comfy~!