Making shoes for this doll

Hi everyone,

I’m very new to these forums so apologies in advance for any mistakes made, but I’ve run into a dead end in constructing an outfit for the doll I’m making (shown below) using this pattern. Patterns for lots of types of clothes were provided with the original etsy purchase, but no shoes! I tried essentially reknitting the foot part of the leg pattern using larger needles but it, and my confused beginner’s attempt at making the whole thing a few stitches bigger, looked bulky and ugly. The only other idea I have at the moment would involve using single pointed needles to knit a flat sole and sew it to a long strip for the sides, but I have no idea how to formulate the number of stitches and types of increases/decreases I’d need for that either! Any guidance would really be appreciated - thanks!

I’d just find a pattern–either for doll shoes or for baby booties that look like real shoes. Here are some options. I haven’t made any of them so I can’t attest to the pattern quality.
Free:

Not free:

1 Like

And here is a tutorial for non-knitted shoes:

That’s for this pattern, which probably won’t fit your doll, but you could make your own pattern.