Magic loop two at a time top down, help after the heel/gusset

I’m working on my second pair of two at a time socks using magic loop, from the cuff down. The first pair I got figured out, but I’m having trouble with this one. I’ve got the cuff/legs done, heel flap and heel turn are done, and the gusset stitches have been picked up. One of the socks is perfect, and the other one, one side of the gusset stitches is on the same wire as the instep stitches. I can’t figure out how to get them to the other wire with the rest of the sole and the other side of gusset stitches. I don’t know what happened :weary: Or is it ok that they aren’t on the correct side? I suppose it won’t make a huge difference but I’m not really sure either way. Any help would be much appreciated!!! in the picture the sock on the right is the one that’s correct and the one on the left is he one with the stitches on the wrong side.

It shouldn’t make much of a difference. (Key word–shouldn’t.) But if it really bothers you or you have a hard time following the pattern, for the next round you could use a DPN to take them off the instep side and hold those stitches until you get to the heel side.

Great idea! Thanks for the input!! I’m relatively new to knitting so I need all the help I can get lol.

Ok, it worked! I used a dpn to get the stitches to the right spot and now that I got them switched around I feel dumb for not thinking of it before! :joy:

1 Like

No problem. Anytime you get stuck, just ask for help. There are plenty of us here who love helping others. We also like to see the finished items.

2 Likes