Magic Cast-On

Has anyone ever tried the magic cast-on for toe up socks? I found this article, using google:
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring06/FEATmagiccaston.html

I had to try it several times before it clicked, but I think I’ve got it, and I think I love it!:heart:

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkgreen]It took me a couple trys to get it started. But I like doing it too. Like the way it looks.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#006400]Was a lot easier to do on the 2nd pair.:lol:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

For me it was absolutely great.

Yep, tried it for the first time not too long ago and it is great!

MUST. TRY. TOEUP. SOCKS. that caston rocks!

It’s similar to the Turkish cast on which I’ve used to make bags, I haven’t made socks. It’s great…

That looks pretty cool. I’ll have to try it with my next pair of socks. I just cast on a pair with figure 8 cast on.

Wow, that looks pretty cool! I’ll have to try that. I’ve been using a method that I found on a random tutorial website (through Google, of course). I’m not sure that it has a name, but this looks easier than whatever I’ve been doing. Thanks!!!

This is a GREAT cast on!

Yep, it’s the only one I use for socks.

Looks interesting. I’m going to be trying two toe up socks at the same time very soon and may have to try that.

Please do… it’s so easy!