Lucy Bag & Malabrigo-updated after dying :(

[color=blue]Hi
Thought I would share my completed Lucy bag. I visited one of our LYS and picked up the emerald blue Malabrigo to use for a bag for my daughter… love it… sooo soft. I asked the ladies at Korner Knitters if I could dye my completed bag a more pleasing color and was told I could. yay! :happydance: It needs one more felting so will give it a try. The bag for my daughter I will make the shoulder strap a bit longer, this one seems a bit short to me.
anne
sebago, ME
ps… this is my first posting of a photo… :achoo:

09/25/06 I have added an updated picture of Lucy… the dying did not come out very well lol. I think if I had used only one color of Koolaid I would have done better. It looks tie dyed … sorry so dark-I took the pic with my phone this morning before leaving to come to work. anne
[/color]

The bag looks great. What color are you going to dye it?

[color=blue]Thank you :stuck_out_tongue: I have not decided. I would like periwinkle-- The folks at the LYS gave me hints on Kool Aid dying and I would love to try it… what flavor would “periwinkle” be I wonder? :??

anne
sebago, me[/color]

I love lucy :cheering:

It came out great! It’ll be interesting to see how it dyes after felting.

cute bag!!

Good luck on the dyeing!

Very cute!! What a great idea to dye it after felting!

Can’t wait to see you daughter’s Mmmmmmm Lucy!

Very nice!I almost got the same color malabrigo the last time I was at Korner knitters I think I am going to get it next time but I don’t know there are too many choices!!! :doh:

[color=blue]I just love KK. The folks in there are sooooo friendly. You are right there is so much to choose from. Thank you for recommending them :muah: I can’t wait to start my daughters bag! :blooby:

anne
sebago ME[/color]

Periwinkle flavor…hmm…you might need to get a little creative and mix some flavors.

The bag looks great, though!

I love it! :thumbsup:

[color=blue]Thanks for the kind words everyone! Means so much. I was kinda nervous about posting a picture :oo: This group is the BEST! :muah:

anne
sebago, ME [/color]

Love the bag!

[color=blue] :hug: Thanks Pixie!

anne
sebago, ME[/color]

Bag looks great. Be sure and let us see the purse after you dye it!

Can’ t wait to see your DD’s purse. I have same color to knit but haven’t decided into what yet.

The bag is so cute. Is it pink? I have a question for you. How does it hang when you carry it. I think it is really cute and have thought about it but I have trouble with purses sometimes and how they fall all the time.

[color=blue]ebrperk,
Thanks! The bag is an antique white color–the yarn that came as part of the kit. I am not super happy with the strap. The bag that I make for my daughter I will lengthen the strap so that it will go over the shoulder. I think in doing that it will settle comfortably above her hip.

Thanks again! :hug:
anne
sebago, ME[/color]

[color=blue]Bump with new picture added to the first post… ever so dark though… sorry :verysad:
anne
sebago, ME[/color]

Eek, I could barely make it out, but I’m sure it looks fab… I love to original so I’m sure the dyed job is even better!