"Lucky" Lace Wrap (S 'n B Nation)...anyone?

I’ve seen quite a few people mentioning/thinking of making this lately. I’ve just started it. Anyone interested in a knit along?? You can see a picture of the top here , you have to click on the ‘forward’ button until it comes up, and this is the nicest FO of the pattern I’ve seen, just scroll down a tiny ways on the page and you’ll see it. It’s gorgeous.

Anyways, I’ve started and am planning to make a cap sleeve version instead of long sleeves. It is slow going, small needles and thin yarn, but a really lovely lace pattern and nice and feminine. I am doing it in PINK :smiley:

I’m planning on making this soon. It’s not needed until christmas, but there’s no sense in not planning. :wink:

I wanna get Starsky done first though. I think I need to go order some yarn anyway.
So, I’m in…when I get to it. :slight_smile:

Now to decide on a color… :thinking:

And here I am, doing this project to get out of finishing Starsky! :rollseyes: :lol: I’ll finish it eventually, I just need a break!

And just so you know, I’ve been working on it for 2 days now, quite a bit of knitting, and have only gotten about 5 inches done on the back piece. The small needles take forever, it seems, so I’d say it’s not too early to start! :smiley:

My roommate’s working on one of those in red.
I don’t need to start a new project on tiny needles, but I might if I find some good yarn. I want to make a GREEN one.

I was looking at this pattern last night. It is so pretty! I might join in on this one. What yarn are you using? Is there a knitpicks yarn that would work for it I wonder? I’ll have to go check the gauge in my book. :smiley:

Yikes. Well, I don’t have any projects due for July or August so I figured that’s when I’m going to start on my Christmas projects.

Hopefully 4 or 5 months will be enough time. :wink:

She has Rowan 4 ply cotton for sale at $4.00 a ball.

I just bought my yarn for Lucky. Decided to go with a nice light color since the pattern is pretty light too. (To me anyway.) Color is Ripple. My step mom likes blue, but so does my dad and between the two of them, I’m blue’d out! (Ironically, that’s our last name too.) :lol:

[Edited to add: Oh, shit. Just realized I don’t have any size 3 needles. Perhaps I’ll visit this Jeff fellow everyone keeps talking about. :wink: ]

I am so sad that I can’t afford good yarn :frowning: . I’m using acrylic for this one. I’m not an acrylic hater, in fact there are some that I quite like, this one is a baby yarn, Bernat Softee Baby, I have used it before (in fact what I’m using for this project is the scads I had leftover from my last project!) and I really like it. It’s not a cottony, summery feel, but it’s soft and cozy and will be nice for those cooler summer days.

Forget green. If I could afford $50 to knit a sweater right now, I’d do it in this!

Hehehe… I almost went with that color. But…my stepmom’s just not a yellow person. :lol:

Holy crap! :shock: This will take forever on size 3 needles! :shock:
Maybe if I start now I’ll have it finished by fall!

heads off to find yarn to knit Lucky with

I’m wondering if this yarn will work for Lucky. What do you all think?

I would think so. I was looking online (yarndex.com) and had a whole list of substitutions. It’s in a .txt file at home. I can PM it to you (or post it here) later tonight after work if you’d like.

That Lime Light looks pretty good. :wink: :slight_smile:

That’s such a nice pattern - I even bought the book especially for it! Would love to join in on the KAL but I’ve a couple of things to finish up first… good luck in the meantime! :XX:
ps. Loving your yarns choices

Here’s a progress pic. I have one more increase row to do, then about 3" more even will take me to the armhole. This has taken me three days so far, I am so not used to this delayed gratification type of knitting!! :lol: Overall I’m so happy with how it’s coming together. :smiley:

Oh, that’s so pretty! Normally I’m not a big fan of pink, but that color and that pattern just looks so pretty. :slight_smile:

Thank you! :smiley: You know what’s funny? I NEVER was into pink either. I was HORRIFIED when I had to wear pink for my sister’s wedding :help: . But now that I’m married and have 2 little boys, pink has been more and more appealing. It’s all about pink now!! :roflhard: I have to re-claim the smallest bits of femininity that I can. :roflhard:

That is beautiful!!

I’ve been working on this a week now, and have JUST finished the first 12-3/4" of the back piece. I have worked on it a lot and have only come this far. I am excited to finally start DECREASING some of these 125 stitches!! :thumbsup:

Congrats on your progress knitqueen! And it’s a lovely colour (I have two brothers, plus I share a house with 4 guys, and my boyfriend lives with guys, so I too find the colour pink quite helpful for staying gurrrrrly!)

How are you finding the lace pattern? Is it easy to keep track of? I’m still no closer to starting mine, but I daydream a little and wondered whether I’d be able to incorporate another lace pattern into the overall shape of the cardigan… not something I’ve tried to do before… maybe biting off more than I can chew? Whadya think?

Keep us posted on yours! :XX: