Lots of FOs

So I have this thing where I carry around a sock with me at all times. It’s my emergency knitting. You never know when you’ll get stuck in line or have to wait for something so I always have a sock to work on. So it usually takes me 5-6 months to finish a sock this way. I finally finished one I started in May. I used Zitron Trekking XXL sock yarn. Great colors, yummy soft. A little more stretchy than I want it to be but whatever. So now I got to CO for the next sock and carry it around with me for the next 6 months.

I’ve also been doing lots of squares. I love them. So meditative, so easy, so pretty. I have so many different kinds of sock yarn. Lots of the cheaper acrylic comapnies are makign sock yarn now. (75% wool 25% nylon) I just used my Joanns coupon for Paton’s Kroy sock stripes. Soft and yummy. Gotta CO for that too. Ah I :heart: knitting.

Great idea!

I LOVE your squares. Will you sew them together into something eventually? or you can do a knit-along with them, and trade with others? Cool!

Nice socks :slight_smile: I would love to know what you will do with all the squares when you are done !

I like your squares and your socks. Nice job.

Pretty socks! Love those squares! How do you do them? Do you start small and increase or decrease?

Oh yeah. THe squares come from here: http://knitalong.net/
A local Portland woman wrote a book with her husband about knitting in community and one of the patterns is called a barn Raising Quilt. Like the Amish who gather and build a barn in a day or a quilt in a day for each other. That’s the idea. But I just started making them for myself. I want to use black yarn around each square so it will “look Amish” as well.

I didn’t like how the pattern starts out so I improvised the pattern somewhat but its basically a square knit in the round with 2 increases per side till you get to a place you like, then CO and sew together.

Ooooh! What pretty colors! Both the sock and the squares.

What interesting projects on that site. I’ll have to check that out.

NICE!:cheering:

Oh phooey…so you have to get the book. I’ve been looking for a pattern like that to make dishcloths, but they look great as a blanket, too! I’ll see about getting it. Thanks! Or maybe I can just figure it out on my own…:think:

Really like the socks,Femmy. Pretty color. I carry them around also, just to keep my hands busy.

:happydance: Everything looks Great!

YOU’VE BEEN BUSY! How nice! I love the color combos for the squares! You are right about them being meditative!

Good socks, too!

How cool! And that book looks so interesting – I may have to see if my local store carries it so I can check out some of those patterns. (I love those squares!)

I got the pattern from the book I checked out from my local library. As long as I don’t try to sell the blanket its OK to photocopy it and use for your own personal use. My stitch n bitch is making blankets for charity too. I made some squares for that too.