Lost

:knitting: Help, I’m new to knitting and need some help. I can only CO , but can’t start the next stitche. What do I do,Lost in knitting.

Put the needle with the stitches in your left hand if it isn’t there already, stick the right needle into the stitch on the end and wrap the yarn around the tip and pull through. If you look at the knit stitch video, and on the Tips page for Demo of a small project, that should help.

Yeah, I’m with susie. Watching it being done makes it so much easier. Just keep watching it until you get it. Don’t give up! Good luck! :slight_smile:

Agreed, watch the videos for the knit and purl stitches. They really do help.

Note: there are videos for both English and Continental style knitting. Make sure to watch the correct ones for your preferred style.

Watching the videos is great. That is how I taught myself to knit.

My mother also told me a great way to know if you are knitting or purling your stitch. Your needles will make an X if your purling, meaning they are going through the stitch pointing in opposite directions. If your knitting, the will be going through the stitch pointing in the same direction. Try it and you will see what I mean.
crocee

Be carefull with this … people knit with their hands and the needles in different positions. i get an X on both knits and purls although the knits is more distinct.