Lost Pattern

I have lost the pattern for a Child’s Cardigan. Am using Patons Bluebell 5 ply. I have contacted Patons for pattern but this wool is discontinued. There are 80 sets cast on Back, measures 27cms wide & side length is 20cm. Front has 45 sets cast on & is 14cms wide ( 1 side with tab in rib), side length is 20cm & front length from v is 20cm.
I have no detail for sleeve and front button & buttonhole tab.
Would like to complete & would appreciate any help. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum!
What age is the sweater for or what size?
You should be able to copy the front reversing the shaping. For the sleeve, you might measure the ribbing around the child’s wrist and estimate the cast on. From your stitch gauge, figure out the sleeve width you need and copy the raglan decreases.

Can you look for a similar pattern on Ravelry? They might be a guide. Here’s a search for patterns with a similar gauge to the Patons Bluebell.
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#craft=knitting&weight=fingering|sport&photo=yes&pc=cardigan&pa=bottom-up%2Bseamed&fit=child&query=raglan&sort=best&view=captioned_thumbs&page=1

1 Like

Hi

Thank you for your speedy response.

I don’t remember the size or age. May have been for Granddaughter about to turn 8. Perhaps She was 2 then.

Patons suggested Ravelry also. At that stage I hadn’t stitches or measured completed pieces.

Was hoping someone may have an old Pattern with the rib at bottom of front sections having button/buttonhole opening included.

Thank you for your suggestions. I will try them to complete this project. It has been a long time since I began it.

Averil