Losing stitches - how?....help!

Hello,

I’m losing stitches and I’m not sure why.

I think I must be losing them on this row, as it’s the only one that’s not straightforward:

Row 3: S1, k4, * k2, yrn, p1, p3tog, p1, yon, repeat from * to last 7sts, k7

For the yrn and yon all I’m doing is alternating which way I wrap the yarn over the needle depending on whether the next stitch is a purl or knit stitch.

I’m losing one stitch each time on this row. Am I supposed to be working anything into a stitch?

Have I misunderstood the meaning of yrn and yon?

Here is the pattern in full:

Thanks for any help with this.

:slight_smile:

The p3tog decreases 2 sts and the yrn and yon each increase one stitch so you shouldn’t be losing sts. Make sure that you have an extra loop over the needle after the yrn and yon, and that you purl into those loops on the next row.
The problem might be the yrn, yarn round the needle, essentially a yarn over before a purl stitch. After the k2, bring the yarn forward between the needles then over the right needle to the back and around forward again between the needles.
It’s shown here about a third of the way down the page:
https://www.moderndailyknitting.com/2019/06/26/techniques-in-depth-humble-yarnover/#:~:text=Yarnover%20After%20a%20Knit%2C%20Before%20a%20Purl—Yarn%20in%20Right%20Hand&text=right-hand%20needle.-,Bring%20the%20yarn%20to%20the%20front%20between%20the%20tips%20of,ways%20of%20carrying%20the%20yarn.

1 Like

I think you’re right - thank you!

1 Like