Loop at end of first row

Sometimes when I knit the first row, I end up with this loop at the end. The only thing I’ve seen is dealing with a loop like that at the BO row.

Am I knitting too loose/tight?

I think what you mean is that the first stitch is really big and loose? Is that right? If so, my solution has been to simply slip that first stitch in whatever direction I would otherwise knit it. So if the pattern is “K2, P2,” I’d slip the first stitch as if to knit, then K1, P2.

Hope that helps.

ETA: Re-reading your post, I don’t think that’s what you meant. Sorry, and I don’t know what to do about the problem you pose. Hopefully someone else will.

That’s not the problem. lol.

What I mean is, after I knit the first row, and have been pulling tight like always, I ended up with this big loop at the side of the stitch.

err. see picture below.
You can make fun of how bad it looks.

That stitch is often loose because it’s only anchored on one side. You can work the first few stitches of the next row very tightly so that the previous row’s stitch practically wraps around the needle. You can also slip the first stitch of each row, and that helps, too.

This always happens to me, and I always have to scrutinize because I think something must be wrong, LOL. Pretty much every time.

But then when I keep knitting, everything falls into line. There still appears to be a loop, esp. if I’m using larger needles, but if you keep going, the row that appears to have that loop will blend in.

I think it’s just because it’s at the end, like Ingrid explained.

Are you ending up with the right number of stitches? If so, maybe you could post a pic?